Sunday, May 22, 2011

My Skincare Routine

     This is the skincare that I go by as of now, which I started 2 month ago.  Before this, I was using mostly Kiehl's and L'Occitane products.  I started using these new products because I wanted to switch to skincare that contains both anti-aging and brightening abilities.  This post will contain my routine for both day and night.  Note:  I have super sensitive and combination skin. FYI: I will not post prices, they can be found on the Sephora website, where most of my items are purchased.

Day: After washing my face


1. Purifying Rice Toner by L'occitane
2. Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado by Kiehl's
3.  Vinoperfect by Caudalie
4. Rare Earth Pore Minimizing Lotion with Amazonian White Clay by Kiehl's
5. Rosebud Salve by Rosebud Perfume Co.
*Layer these products 1-2 minutes apart for best results

Night: After washing my face

 
1.White Label Premium Placenta Essence by Cosmo Products
2. Pure Fusion eye concentrate by Fusion
3. Booster Caps by Philosophy
4. Capture Totale One Essential by Dior
5. Miracle Worker by Philosophy
6. Rosebud Salve by Rosebud Perfume Co.
*Layer these products 1-2 minutes apart for best results


Product Information & Review:
*my reviews

1. L'Occitane: Purifying Rice Toner
  • Mattifies and refines pores
  • This bi-phase face toner is recommended for combination and oily skin.  The first phase purifies and the second phase mattifies.  
  • Consumer test on 25 persons: After application, skin is fresh and perfectly clear, excess sebum is absorbed and complexion is luminous for 92% of the subjects.  After 4 weeks, pores are tightened and skin's quality is improved. (92%).


*After using this toner, my face is instantly mattified and my skin feels very refreshed.  It takes away all the excess oil left on my face.  You can use this day and night, but I've chose to use it in the morning.  I've been using this toner for years and is still loving it. 

2. Cosmo Product: White Label Premium Placenta Essence
  • Brightening and Hydrating  


*This toner is very hydrating and my skin feels very soft after application.  This toner is intended to brighten your skin, which is why I chose to use this product during the night time.  This toner has a milky gel-like texture. 

3. Philosophy: Booster Caps (Retinol Capsules)
  • For PM use only!
  • To boost your serum or moisturizer: squeeze contents of capsule into palm of hand.  Mix together with your moisturizer or serum of choice.  Apply mixture to clean, dry face avoiding the eye area.  Contents of capsule can also be applied alone to the face after cleansing


*The first time I used this products I instantly fell in love with its silky texture.  Twisting off the capsule and squeezing the insides out is kinda like squeezing out the insides of a grape lol.  The texture is silky and smooth.  I love this product, but I don't know if I will be purchasing it again.  The reason is because I haven't really seen any results.  

4. Caudalie: Vinoperfect
  • Radiance serum/complexion correcting
  • A highly concetnrated oil-free serum that improves the appearance of dark spots, promotes even skintone, and boosts radiance.
  • Banish dark spots and achieve your most even, bright, and beautiful complexion.  Perfect for all skin types, this satiny complex offers remarkable results, helping to correct dark spots, acne marks, and scars.  Naturally powerful Viniferine, olive squalene, mint, caraway, and galbanum work to counter stretch marks, scars, and damage while bolstering collagen and elastin, for glowing results.
 *This product WORKS!  The first time I went to purchase this, everything was sold out.  It took me a couple more times to finally get my hands on this product.  It really does everything it says it would do.  After using this for about 2 month, My face is brightened (looks better w/o makeup...makes my skin look less dead).  Now my skin is more radiant (:It also states that it would lighten acne scars, but I'm not sure about this because I do not have much acne. 

5. Dior: Capture Totale One Essential
  • Skin boosting super serum 
  • An exceptionally effective age-defying step that successfully eliminates toxins, down to the heart of the skin cells, to intensely regenerate, stimulate cell-turnover, and correct all visible signs of aging.
  • After the first application, skin is deeply purified, brightened, smoothed, and plumped for a younger look, immediately.  Results amplify day by day, delivering ongoing rejuvenation and corrective power.



*I like this product.  I like the texture and the scent, its very soothing and very silky.  I'm not sure about the effects though.  But I've heard good reviews from friends.  The reason I bought this was for anti-aging precaution and to prevent premature aging.     

6. Kiehl's: Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado
  • This creamy preparation with avocado oil, gently moisturizes the delicate eye area. 



*This is my favorite morning eye cream!  I have very fine lines under my eye due to dryness.  After using this product for years the fine lines have soften a lot.  I only use this during the day because it has a nice refreshing texture that doesn't leave a sticky residue.  (Also I prefer to use anti-aging eye creams at night)

7. Fusion: PureFusion Eye Concentrate (discontinued)



*I believe this product is discontinued.  I received this as a gift and just started to try it out.  The texture is nice and refreshing but since it's discontinued, I do not recommend it to anyone.  It's not really my favorite, I'm just trying to use it up so I don't waste it. lol

8. Kiehl's: Rare Earth Pore Minimizing Lotion with Amazonian White Clay
  • Minimizes enlarged pores and refines skin texture.
  • Formulated specifically for normal to oil skin types to address the appearance of enlarged pores, our oil-free pore minimizing treatment contains Amazonian white clay to help absorb excess sebum and refine the look of pores with ingredients sourced from the Marajo Island at the mouth of the Amazon River, this unique lightweight formula is rich in minerals and instantly refines skin texture and tightens pores.  



*I use this product along with the rice toner for its pore reducing effect.  I love this lotion!  This lotion feels refreshing on the skin and does not feel sticky on the skin, and does not have any unpleasant scent like some natural lotions.  

9. Philosophy: Miracle Worker
  • Miraculous anti-aging moisturizer
  • Helps promote skin's longevity and vitality for a firm, radiant result
  • Helps strengthen skin's natural rejuvenation potential to guard against all signs of aging
  • Maximizes skin's ability to retain moisture for plump, soft skin.
  • Satiny formula absorbs easily and is comfortable for all skin types.



*I use this as my night cream.  After applying this lotion with gel-like texture, my skin feels smooth and plump.  I have recommended this to some of my friends and they all love it!  I hate how most night creams have a sticky feel.  This I love and will continue to use (:

10. Rosebud Perfume Co: Rosebud Salve

  • This cult-favorite, multi-purpose lip balm soothes dry lips, calms and heals irritation, and soothes the sting of minor burns.  Try dabbing on dry elbows or knees to condition, and relieve dryness.  Also an excellent remedy for the treatment of diaper rash.


*My favorite lip treatment.  I use to suffer from very chapped lips.  I tried using Aquaphor's healing ointment but it only relieves my chapped lips for some time.  Ever since I started using the Rosebud Salve every morning and night, I haven't had dried lips (: LOVE LOVE LOVE.  I also use the Rosebud Minted Rose Lip Balm (also by the same company)-I leave this one in my purse.

No comments:

Post a Comment